Powered By Blogger

Friday 3 November 2017

Diwali Celebration


Diwali

Thanks to Rhakee we were  allowed to join with Kakariki to celebrate this.

Please share your writing with me if you want it on the blog.  Here is a couple I've chosen.

Miss C

Peter's paragraph one

As I walked into the hall,it was so noisy that so many people were talking so loudly. I watched every move of Kakariki I felt something wasn’t quite right, because I couldn’t hear lucas’s voice. Finally , I searched the big bright hall, and I saw lucas standing in the middle of the hall with his mum and his brother Michael. It was Diwali so we we were going to do some activities. I was very excited with that. We sat in the middle of the hall. Suddenly everyone was so quiet because Rakhee(lucas’s mum) were talking about the Diwali story. I noticed lucas’s clothes were so cool!









Harper's paragraph 1

It was 10 o’clock on Tuesday and time to to the hall for diwali a celebration of light. With the year ones and twos Lucas and Michael and his mum, Rhakee, who is Indian. First she told us a story one day the king of a town got captured and released some time later the townspeople put candles down so he could find his way back.



Conor's paragragh 2

Unexpectedly, Ms Holly told us that we were going to do some hard Indian dancing. I felt nervous as she turned the big white on. We were doing it to have fun. We had to have a buddy to dance to the song. My buddy was Josh. I thought that the Indian god move was hard because it was to created to wave and sway our arms in the air.



Grace's paragraph 2


Suddenly the screen came on. We saw these people who showed us these the moves . I felt excited. Georgia and I were dancing. We were so funny because all those moves. The next minute the music stopped. Everyone stopped dancing. Everyone quietly sat down.




Olivia's paragraph 3

A little bit later, we were sent of to make barfi. First we put in the white coconut. Then we put in the sticky condensed milk. Then we put in blue food colouring that Sarah picked out. Then we mixed the mixture and rolled it into balls. The mixture was really sticky, and when you rolled it, it would leave blue marks all over your hands.

Fletcher's paragragh 3

Room 5,s activity was making barfi. We went to the barfi bit we first stirred the ooey gooey condensed milk. It felt weird when it. It looked very satisfying then we put the food coloring into the boul. It was blue food coloring we also did yellow. When we had to roll it up it felt really weird the next moment we were done. We put them in the fridge to harden and then went back to class. Later that day we trudged down to are buddies classroom 16. We ate yummy barfi but sadly I did not like it.


 







1 comment:

  1. Wow how lucky are you all!! Such a great experience and so kind of Rhakee to teach you about Diwali and how to make barfi. Carol (Ethan's mum).

    ReplyDelete