Powered By Blogger

Sunday 15 March 2015

WW1 Their Stories, Our Stories

                 


                  We have now started our inquiry into World War One 


Their Stories, Our Stories

Our Big Idea is:
The importance of communication between soldiers and their families in wartime


We have started to look at how we communicate today and how soldiers communicated one hundred years ago with their families in WW1.

We looked at  a postcard and began to think about:

a) What information did it tell the families? 

b)  What information didn't it tell the families?




You can look at other postcards if you click below:


What are you now wondering about?


15 comments:

  1. I really like what you're learning room5 sr

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the postcards because they are from ww1. PS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love learning about ww1

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder where the post office is?B.C

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder how the postcards got to their destination. PS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait until I learn more about WW1 Their Stories Our Stories. I Wonder what I will learn about my inquiry question. Did all the men have to go to war or did they get a choice? A.D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why would the postcard be destroyed if any thing else was on the postcard. Annabel

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the postcards from World War 1.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think i could teach my family about it.JP

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sure there are lots of wondering inquiry questions. M.S

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the links. M.S

    ReplyDelete
  12. I Wonder if I could be in ww1? From TM

    ReplyDelete
  13. Why will the postcards be destroyed if they write anything else?
    R.S

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love being in room 5 this year I miss Emma.s.v

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wonder how the post cards got to the soliloliders. Jemima

    ReplyDelete