Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 22 June 2016

Rm 5's planting ceremony

                                          By Damar Endarto
On the 17 of June Rm 5 went down to the field and planted some plants.

Here are some pictures:


This is Ms Cowsill doing a mihi ( speech ) to the gods while room 5 were listening. We also did a Karakia.



This is Mr Koko digging holes for our trees.

Here are some plants:



Karamu


 Mahoe (whiteywood)


Manuka


Te Kouka (cabbage tree)

After the planting we watered the plants. 

Then we made a sign for the plant and did the vote.
So the winner was Evie's sign.


Please comment about what you felt when we sang the Karakia or what you felt when we planted the plant.


























11 comments:

  1. That looks like heaps of fun.
    I wish I was there. Michelle Buchanan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember planting the New Zealand native plants. I got to hold one of the plants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember planting the New Zealand native plants. I got to hold one of the plants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the different types of plants and I especially like the flax plant! I also thought I was very lucky to be able to take a plant down to the planting area! H.B

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to have pupils plant these beautiful native trees at school to celebrate Matariki. Everyone will enjoy seeing them grow too!
    Fenella

    ReplyDelete
  6. i felt like a maori person singing the special karakia to be a plant

    jg

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it is a great idea to plant some more plants in our hubby walk.

    FM

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was happy we planted new life for the plants and I hope it will survive.

    KS

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was happy we planted new life for the plants and I hope it will survive.

    KS

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope Tane mahuta will let us make more of his children.

    JD:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the way ponsonby primary want to plant more native plants


    Aleeza

    ReplyDelete